7.24.2007

lagging, but for good reason

so for the past few days, i have been doing lots of stuff, having lots of fun, and doing lots of work. here is the rundown...
i had a photoshoot on sunday with joshua thomas, an amazing up-and-coming artist that everyone should keep their ears open for. the shoot was fantastic, and i'm pretty sure we broke the law at least 5 times. we were down by the la river, and on our way home, found this...



here are a few pics from the shoot...

maria carmel
click me

i couldn't stop thinking about that car, and decided to hook up with my friend, fellow photographer and resident MacGyver, myles (reppin philly). he looked up how to hotwire on google, and we decided that we were gonna hotwire it and throw a donut in place of the flat. now before you judge me, the car was totally abandoned. it was clearly used in a film, and then dumped. no plates, no people, and plenty of fake blood. long story short, we couldn't get it started, and so we decided to shoot. it was so fun, and we stayed until midnight. here are a couple of shots...




more to come...

2 comments:

Joseph said...

you must be a firecracker in the sack?

yama said...

that was a pretty awesome car

i remember when i shot my first roll of film, i was walking down the street and saw some mans blue beat up truck. i snapped a nice little photo of it, and the man saw me, so I asked, "Is this your truck!?"

He replied, "Yeah!"

I was quick to say back, "I like it!!"

hahah :)