1.01.2008

she's baaaaack

hey everyone! this is the official re-launch of my blog, i make fun. i really wanted to do this so that i can say a huge THANK YOU to all of my fans, friends, and family for your love, and support! i can’t tell you how much it has meant to me, and it made the process so much easier.

i also wanted to create a blog so that everyone could keep up with what i am doing professionally, and personally. i have had so many people reach out to me to say that they were inspired, and that they want to know what's next for me. the truth is, that i am not sure what's next. because of the holidays, i haven't heard from anyone yet, so i am anxiously awaiting the next step. in the mean time, i am just trying to make more work, and get my ducks in a row. what i do know, is that i will be making a trip to nyc very soon, to meet my new photo agent, palma driscoll, from the bryan bantry agency. i am so excited and thankful to have representation, and know that i am gonna be a very busy girl this year!

thanks again for all of your support, and bookmark me so you can stay updated! i hope that 2008 is the best year ever for all of you!

xx
maria

here is an article about me in the december issue of
RIVIERA magazine

maria carmel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you. Really enjoyed seeing the show. Keep up the good work.

Lainer said...

I only watched two shows, as I am not into reality television, but this being about choosing the best photographer, I knew I had to see the last show. I am ecstatic that you won and not that obnoxious, arrogant, man who's name eludes me at the moment, but was in the finals with you.

You have a wonderful eye and personality. There are enough inflated egos in the industry without another one. You bring a breath of fresh air to the Photography world. You have a state of grace and humility, two qualities which will carry you through to greatness.

I was screaming when you won. Good luck to you.

Me, I am a hobbyist who is about to retire from a regular old state job, and was thinking (at age 46) that I would pursue photography as a second career. (I would go to Hallmark School of Photography, but it's quite expensive.) I want to live this life, but I know it is an everyday struggle to not get buried alive by all of the competition. Work is hard to come by in this field. This much I do know.

You did something that was so amazing so that now, hopefully, you can get a steady stream of work. I know you won't rest on your laurels, but continue to improve. How wonderful. Congrats and good luck!

Lainey