1.03.2008

connecting and reconnecting

so today i spent the day kind of regrouping. i cleaned, ran errands, and followed my "to do" list. i actually got a lot done, which felt good. unfortunately, i am already messing up on one part of my resolution, which is to go to the gym. tomorrow i will be better.

on another note, i love myspace. i have reconnected with so many people, and that is so cool. recently, a friend i have known since first grade contacted me. we hadn't seen or heard from each other in years, and tonight we went to dinner so we could catch up. we went to buddha's belly, a great spot for thai food here in la. not authentic thai town, but it is really good, with great service. anyway, we had a great time, and pretty much shut the place down. good times!

i am also super excited, because today i was contacted by popphoto.com to do an interview for their site. click on it to see the write up they did for the finale! robin and i also did an interview for hp recently, check it out!

thanks again everyone for all of your messages! i love to get them!

ps, check out this new image that my very talented friend, evan lane took of me! what do you guys think?

maria carmel

6 comments:

StMarc said...

I think you are ridiculous cute, that's what I think. :)

Congratulations, late as they may be, for your success on "The Shot." I was rooting for you. (I'm sure everybody says that, but I was. You were the only one who didn't tooth-jarringly irritate me at some point.)

M

Marshall said...

Well, you ARE, of course, ridiculous cute, but it is also a nice shot. Flattering, shows off your eyes, and even better, it has plenty of space above so it can be used to make YOU the next cover girl. ;-)

draiocht said...

yes, of course you're a cutie, and apparently your wardrobe kicks ass! kudos to evan for putting it to picture. :)

how's the main site? or maybe you're waiting to meet with people..?

LiveLoveLaugh Photography said...

I think it makes you look mysterious. You have a very bubbly vibrant look and this photo gies a different facet to your personality!

CONGRATS on the win.......

Great Photoz said...

I'm not sure I'd say "cute." A friend of mine once told me "cute" is ugly with makeup on, so...

It's indeed a beautiful shot, though.
Beijo,

D.

http://greatphotoz.blogspot.com
See others' favorite photos, make comments, submit yours.

Unknown said...

Yep, definetly do your model career first and then the photography ;-)